Monday, September 05, 2005

Pink and Sticky

While I was on my mini vacation visiting my friend in Kalamazoo, I knitted this hat for my darling great niece Marisa. It's a pattern that I have knit before - from: baby knits for beginners by Debbie Bliss. I just love the way Bliss writes her patterns. And the designs in this book are simple and precious.

I improvised on the pattern sizing. I hope it works. I used a jersey yarn with has a bit of stretch to it. I added a few rows of a variegated cotton loop at the rolled brim. The loop is pale pink, white and lavender.

It's inevitable that I get stuck on patterns - since I am not a seasoned knitter - yet. I always have several projects going at one time. When I get stuck on one - and because I MUST knit, I start another. Well, isn't that what all knitters do? Right now, I have two sweaters that I am working on - I'm stuck on both. Two sleeveless shells that need to be assembled - stuck! Another shell that I think needs to be torn out and done over - STUCK. Now that fall is setting in here in Michigan, I'll be headed back to knitting class on Tuesday nights - so I can ask the experts to help unstick my projects. Ah-h-h-h, fall.........help is on the way.

Cotton loop yarn added to rolled brim.

0So, what do YOU think?

Post a Comment

<< Home

.....Don't bother me.....I'm in a SNIT.